Event Coordinator | Expressions of Interest
Contract Opportunity (May to August 2019)
National Homelessness Week is held every year during the first week of August. This year it falls between 5-11 August 2019. The theme for this year is ‘Home, Safe Home’.
The aim of the week is to raise awareness of homelessness the issues that people face, and the action needed to end homelessness.
In WA, Homelessness Week is coordinated by Shelter WA. Shelter WA is seeking Expressions of Interest for an event coordinator to plan and coordinate a series of events and a devolved grants program for Homelessness Week, in consultation with Shelter WA staff and the Homelessness Week Reference Group.
Shelter WA has a position for approximately 375 hours work commencing early May and finishing after Homelessness Week in early August.
The hourly rate for this role is approx. $35.60/hour depending on skills and experience.
In particular, the event coordinator will:
• Provide administrative support for the monthly Homelessness Week Reference Group meetings.
• Liaise with the Homelessness Week Reference Group to plan a calendar of events for Homelessness Week.
• Liaise with key stakeholders for the Shelter WA Homelessness Week events.
• Co-ordinate and deliver events before and during the week.
• Co-ordinate a small grants program which enables groups to host their own events – this includes grant administration and the acquittal of the grant programme.
• Provide support and assistance to the social media and media team where required.
• Undertake other activities determined by the Project Manager for Homelessness Week.
Homelessness Week Reference Group
The skills and experience required for this role include:
- Event management skills and experience.
- Ability to work autonomously, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with strong time management and task prioritisation skills.
- Good budgeting and financial management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including report writing, graphical representation and document preparation skills.
- An interest in affordable housing and homelessness would be desirable.
The hours for this role will vary over the project period. It is anticipated that the two weeks before and during Homelessness Week of events the hours will increase. The position is based at the Shelter WA offices in East Perth or at other locations by agreement. To apply for this position please submit your application to Lauren Howe, Project Manager at Shelter WA via email at email@example.com by 5pm Wednesday 8 May 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9325 6660.
City of Joondalup Couch Conversation
This page has no comments.