Bethanie Housing : Providing affordable rental housing options
Shelter WA member Bethanie Housing, which provides rental accommodation for seniors on low incomes, strives to positively impact the ageing experience of West Australians through a range of means.
The State Government-registered Community Housing Provider, which offers affordable rental housing options for seniors, is a Shelter WA member because its staff members want to be part of the discussion on the future of social housing in WA.
“Adding our voice to Shelter WA’s allows us to do this,” Chief Operating Officer (Community) Felicity Beaulieu explained.
Most of Bethanie Housing’s clients come from the Department of Communities’ wait list. Despite this, the organisation’s developments in Peel and Dalyellup have received a lot of praise from the community and government which has led to a lot of interest from the broader public.
Ms Beaulieu said Bethanie Housing staff members strive to positively impact the ageing experience of the organisation’s clients through a range of means.
“Bethanie Housing provides a traditional social housing management function for our tenants, providing security of accommodation to support ageing well,” Ms Beaulieu explained.
“The organisation is supported by the broader Bethanie Group, which provides a range of alternative housing options across the continuum, from rental properties to lease-for-life options in our retirement villages.
“Bethanie also provide residential and community support services which include: cleaning, gardening and maintenance.
“And, for residents with more complex requirements, Bethanie Housing can provide clinical support through allied health and nursing teams.”
The dwellings Bethanie Housing provides are quality buildings and the organisation’s staff members help ensure tenants thrive as they age.
Providing wrap-around services allows the organisation’s tenants to stay in their homes longer.
“We also help to transition tenants to higher care facilities should or when this need arises,” Ms Beaulieu said.
Because higher density accommodation is offered through Bethanie Housing, the organisation can provide a ‘one-stop-shop’ for services from advice about ageing well, with a diagnosis of dementia, to flu shots.
Fast Facts about Bethanie Housing
- Bethanie Housing has 501 residences and 627 residents
- Bethanie Retirement Villages have 1100 residents across 11 villages with 833 residences
- Bethanie Community serves about 3,500 community customers
- Bethanie provide Residential Aged (Nursing Home) Care to 1023 residents
- Bethanie run eight social centres which support people to actively age in their communities, with a range of social, therapy and wellness programmes
- The Bethanie Group employs 1,800 staff members, providing domestic, gardening, care and clinical services, as well as housing management
- Bethanie’s corporate office is in Northbridge. The organisation has local offices and a housing presence across the Perth metropolitan area, Mandurah and Bunbury. The Bethanie Group delivers services in Geraldton and from Yanchep to Busselton
- Bethanie is the social housing subsidiary of the Bethanie Group.
- Bethanie has been providing services in WA for more than 60 years
- Housing options include: apartments, townhouses, and villas
This page has no comments.